NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ive been living in Carolina Beach NC for about a month and a half now. Today was the first time I got to do any real fishing :D . Launched my yak from Ft. Fisher at 9:00am and caught my first Redfish ever by 10:00am on a Yo Zuri Jumpin minnow in bone color. Swiched to a D.O.A. shrimp in Penny color and caught six more and lost two at the boat. All fish were between 14-18inches, all fish were released. I was off the water at 1:00pm.

Attachments

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
Sounds like a nice morning on the water........

·
Registered
539 Posts
Nice work. Curious as to the water temp. I would have thought at least breathable waders would have been needed....may be all those years I lived in Florida, but I guess you dont get out in the water to wade as much as we did down there.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice work. Curious as to the water temp. I would have thought at least breathable waders would have been needed....may be all those years I lived in Florida, but I guess you dont get out in the water to wade as much as we did down there.
I was fishing from the yak and didn't get out. Although when I was leaving I had to get out to drag my yak to shore and the water wasn't too cold. I would have been able to wet wade for quite a while.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.