NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
My no-cost and fully refundable prediction is that the lake is so low that the rain we got today won't make a huge difference. A little discolored, but not much depth change, and no difference at the spillway.

I also predict that the catfish will be hungry, because I've never met one that wasn't! Go get 'em...

Have you done much catfishing at Jordan? We don't see many reports.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Best time to fish is anytime you can!!

I'm anxious to see what the recent cooler temps have been doing... Last water-temp I heard cited was eight to ten degrees cooler than the last I measured...

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
I'm anxious to see what the recent cooler temps have been doing... Last water-temp I heard cited was eight to ten degrees cooler than the last I measured...
That reminds me - temps at Beaverdam were in the 77-78 range on Thursday morning. Not sure the rain will do much to change it, but the next 4 or 5 cool nights sure might.

Still sticking with my prediction of hungry catfish...

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Seems like once you get below 80-82 things start to come to life!

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
"Lake temperature, degrees Fahrenheit: -99"

It seems like it should have been warmer than that.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
ha ha ... good call Kevin.
My bet is water temp has to be in the mid-high 80's.. hopefully with the cooler nights and the very nice recent rain it might cool it down a bit.

Dont know 'bout y'all, but we got drenched! (Much needed).

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Friend on another forum went out last night 9/14 on Jordan. Used ebeneezer ramp in a wide jon boat. They went up to the bridge and fished the area for crappie and caught several nice ones and a good 6lb cat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.