NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Red X Angler
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I'm finally getting a little strength back from being extremely sick with a sever case of Broncitus and Upper Respitory Infection since the end of Feburary till even now but I'm ready to get back at it. I took off last Saturday and went to Northeast Creek and caught a few trout and a whole lot of small crockers, but being out there for about 6 hours in that heat I really paid for it on Sunday, I was completely washed out. That was my first time fishing this whole year other than taking my grandson out for a few minutes when we went to BRC and brought my boat home to work on the tilt and trim motor. Trying to check and see if anyone has been fishing down around Bay River, Trent, Vandemere with any luck. I had heard the skates were really bad but hopefully they'll be moving on out unless they have already gone. If somebody would kinda give me a heads up I sure would appreciate it, as for me, I'm ready for fall to get here cause this heat is tough. Thanks to anyone that is willing to share some info for me. Tight Lines and great hookups to everyone, georgep.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I don't know anything current but I am thinking this next full moon which is also a "supermoon" (earth closer to the moon in july and aug) is going to start some migration of more old drum inshore. I hear the bait is showing up in huge schools finally..
This is just my opinion, and some will say no way its too early but a few Old Drum are already being taken and everything else has been either early or totally "different" this year it seems. I would say Flounder are really going to turn on too!!

Reactions: dbeam and georgep

·
Registered
6,030 Posts
Still looking for a report.... I'm thinking about visiting Frank & Rachel next week.

·
Banned
324 Posts
Slow, keeper trout few and far between. NO drum caught in three weeks, one keeper flounder and bunch of smalls. Never been there three trips in a row and not caught a drum. We even fished for them for a good hour and nothing.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Big cold front coming next 2 days I'd say by fri/weekend, with all the bait that I am hearing about now, that it will be ON!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Fished it this weekend and the fishing was really slow. Caught two short trout and lost another one. My son had a hold of a big bull and it made a run and that was all she wrote. The backs of the creek are full of gar. And yes the there's alot of bait, no issue netting a couple dozen mullet quick. I stayed at Frank and Rachel's this past weekend, the best hospitality every, can't be beat it. Heading there again on Thursday night. Ill be there with my son and and his friend. So if you see a dad and 2 boys with a 22ft nautic star in a big tent stop by. Im hoping this weekend will be great, got a new eye on some spots.

·
Registered
6,030 Posts
Fished it this weekend and the fishing was really slow. Caught two short trout and lost another one. My son had a hold of a big bull and it made a run and that was all she wrote. The backs of the creek are full of gar. And yes the there's alot of bait, no issue netting a couple dozen mullet quick. I stayed at Frank and Rachel's this past weekend, the best hospitality every, can't be beat it. Heading there again on Thursday night. Ill be there with my son and and his friend. So if you see a dad and 2 boys with a 22ft nautic star in a big tent stop by. Im hoping this weekend will be great, got a new eye on some spots.
I'll be there about a week after you.... please let us know how you do this weekend.

Thanks

And, yeah.... Frank and Rachel are the best.

Reactions: dbeam and sundrop

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Did Frank and Rachel ever get the pier and docks fixed up?

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I was just trying to figure out the open/closed maps and it appears to me that Bay river creeks are closed and thus limited to a couple qts. Is that correct?

·
Registered
62 Posts
So up date to Bay river report from the rookie. Just got back today and i fished Friday- Sun. We had an easterly wind for two days which help bring in the salt. The rays were gone but today i did see a bunch of rays by camp.
Fished smith creek, chapel, the point by camp, Maw pt. fisherman bay an bonner bay. Only managed 1 trout and it was a keeper and about 20 small croaker. Ran a bettle spins, she pup top water and a gulp under a cork. Caught the croaker on cut bait. Seen alot of dolphin this morning. If anyone has a line they could drop me, to help me get on fish that would be great, ill be up in ball creek from the 23-29, rented a house for the week.

·
Registered
6,030 Posts
Len and I will be at BRCG 24-26

Darrell
Looking forward to it.... I'll have a lime green nucanoe.... Darryl will have a kayak from his huge plastic armada. Say Hi if you see us, or give us a buzz to fish with you.

·
Registered
6,030 Posts
We BOTH know that's not going to happen.

I'll be providing net duty for YOUR old drum.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts