NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While looking at a map of jacksonville,I spotted a few places that look like they might be good to fish. they are Northeast creek park on the new river. Phillips park on another branch. Also Lake Elizabeth. Does anyone know if they are accessable to fish also is Lake elizabeth private or can the public fish there? there is also Wilson bay park. is it possible to reach the water with out much difficulty? I would greatly appreciate any advice. the type of fish doesn't matter as long as you can cathc something. thanks

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
I grew up in those parts. Elizabeth lake is surronded by homes, I use to have the paper route for that development. Some folks use to fish it by the drain/overflow embankment but not much was in there - some blue gill I think.

Northeast Creek is decent, espically in the fall.

Not sure about the fishing at Wilson Bay park. I use to take my niece there to feed the ducks -never noticed anyone fishing but that was a while back. Sorry not much help but offered what I could remember...lol.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I grew up in those parts. Elizabeth lake is surronded by homes, I use to have the paper route for that development. Some folks use to fish it by the drain/overflow embankment but not much was in there - some blue gill I think.

Northeast Creek is decent, espically in the fall.

Not sure about the fishing at Wilson Bay park. I use to take my niece there to feed the ducks -never noticed anyone fishing but that was a while back. Sorry not much help but offered what I could remember...lol.
Thanks for the Info. It figures all the lakes around here are private, so I'm really not disappointed at least I know not to go there cheers

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
No problem - glad to help.

Would you happen to be in the Military? If so, try wallace creek on base - I think you can still rent canoes and small boats at the base marina - there is some good fishing in that area.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No problem - glad to help.

Would you happen to be in the Military? If so, try wallace creek on base - I think you can still rent canoes and small boats at the base marina - there is some good fishing in that area.
Topsail, no I'm not in the military. too old I also don't live in Jacksonville but in Newport. I'm just trying to find some decent fishing spots where I can catch some fish. Not looking for any lunkers just some decent fishing spots. I do both fresh & saltwater fishing. I usually "catch & release" fishing. No boat also not too steady on my feet, so I need an open area that's accessable. I've been here for 5 years 7 still are not satisfied with the fishing here. That's 1 reason I tried joining this fishing group. Thanks for all your help. cheers.

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Have you tried the ocean piers? While they charge a fee, they do offer very accessible fishing. Right now the Spanish and blues are chewing pretty good. Another option if you find yourself in Surf City is the Soundside Park pier - the park is on the right just after you cross the bridge onto the island and it it is free to the public.

Anyone know of a nice farm pond in Carteret or Onlsow county that he can get permission to fish?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have you tried the ocean piers? While they charge a fee, they do offer very accessible fishing. Right now the Spanish and blues are chewing pretty good. Another option if you find yourself in Surf City is the Soundside Park pier - the park is on the right just after you cross the bridge onto the island and it it is free to the public.

Anyone know of a nice farm pond in Carteret or Onlsow county that he can get permission to fish?
I have tried the piers. I used to go to the Sportsman's pier before they tore it down,I go to Oceana pier was there last week caught some small croakers , I couldn't hook onto anything bigger though.it was fun though, my Wife usually goes with me. We try to seewho can catch themost fish, usually we do ok. I'll try the pier onSurf city, thanks again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.