NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
I grew up in those parts. Elizabeth lake is surronded by homes, I use to have the paper route for that development. Some folks use to fish it by the drain/overflow embankment but not much was in there - some blue gill I think.

Northeast Creek is decent, espically in the fall.

Not sure about the fishing at Wilson Bay park. I use to take my niece there to feed the ducks -never noticed anyone fishing but that was a while back. Sorry not much help but offered what I could remember...lol.

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
No problem - glad to help.

Would you happen to be in the Military? If so, try wallace creek on base - I think you can still rent canoes and small boats at the base marina - there is some good fishing in that area.

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Have you tried the ocean piers? While they charge a fee, they do offer very accessible fishing. Right now the Spanish and blues are chewing pretty good. Another option if you find yourself in Surf City is the Soundside Park pier - the park is on the right just after you cross the bridge onto the island and it it is free to the public.

Anyone know of a nice farm pond in Carteret or Onlsow county that he can get permission to fish?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.