NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
If you count the inlets like New River, Bogue, and Beaufort, then the answer is yes for spanish and blues. If you are referring to the Intercoastal between inlets, spanish are rare and typically small and blues are common but also typically small.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you count the inlets like New River, Bogue, and Beaufort, then the answer is yes for spanish and blues. If you are referring to the Intercoastal between inlets, spanish are rare and typically small and blues are common but also typically small.
So besides trolling near shore you can get them in the ICW and inlets...cool! I am just a novice and do not want to do anything dumb where a orange helicopter comes to save my butt.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have caught many a limits of Spanish and have never left to comfort of the inlet at Masonboro. Spanish like glass minnows and if you can find them you will find the Blues and Spanish. When looking for birds the small birds eat the small glass minnows and that's the key. Big pelican eat Menhaden and they get big. Troll fast for Spanish slow for Blues. Caught about a hundred Blues off JMP Tuesday. With a South wind that will continue. JMP will be hard pressed to get Spanish this year. They are redoing the Beach at Blockage Runner and the water is muddy and I mean muddy. So long as they are doing that, Spanish will skip the pier.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts