NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fishing trip report for the weekend (i added pictures)

Well guys I got out Saturday on a charter for some offshore fishing. We went out of Morehead from 15 to 25 miles out. The seas were 3 to 5ft and we did get showered on once. Forgot my patches too, so it was reel in a fish, puke over the side, reel in a fish puke over the side. I dont mind the puking part as long as the reel in the fish part is included. I reeled in a 5lb Grouper that was a keeper and a 26lb Amberjack that was definitely a keeper. We reeled in 3 small dolphin and reeched our limit of King mackerel. All togeter we reeled in about 45 King Mackerel during the 7 or so hours we were out there. I think maybe they should raise the limit on the Kings, you can only keep 3 per person so we only got to keep 12 but after we got home and fillet them we had over 30lbs of meat from the mackerels! Sounds like a fish fry:D We also caught 2 good size spanish. My buddy was reeling in a huge king when suddenly it just slacked, when we got the line in something had bit the mackerel in half! the mackerels head was at least 6-7 inches tall. Barracuda we guess. I didn't ever find any other peopole to go with us so it was only 2 of us. I would recommend the Energizer Sportfisher with Capt Pete Zook. His first mate Gray was great. captn Zook allowed us to change from a full-day deep to a 3/4 day offshore because we had so many back out, which I thought was nice. I will get some pictures hopefully later this week I didn' have my digital and my buddy will have to send me some pictures

·
Registered
319 Posts
baitandfly,

you were only two doors (slips) down and didn't stop to say "HEY!"...

We were right out there with you and those kings were a blast.

·
Registered
319 Posts
baitandfly,

I think ya'll had already cleared out. Wish I had known also, saw where you were looking for a couple of folks to join you on the other board (and the "moderator" weighed in). Glad you had a good trip. It was a little bumpy out there. We had a couple of guys on our boat to get sick...

See ya next time,

Chuck

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
you can prepare amberjack just about anyway sine the meat is firm. It has kinda a sweet flavor so I like marinating it in a teriyaki or sesame sauce then putting it on the grill for about 8 to 10 min. it is also good poached then served on some mexican rice with salsa on top:D yum!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.