NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm running behind on posting reports this year, but here's a quick one from a recent trip. My wife and I met up with her family at N. Myrtle Beach recently for some sun, fun and fishing before the kids had to head back to school. I managed to get out on the water a couple of times for some fishing with "the boys". The girls would head to the beach and I would take my 3 nephews and their dads out on the boat.

Thanks to my NCAngler pals for some recent intel on the local fishing. I had fished the area and it is a favorite of mine, but it had been a couple of years. We had a great time in search of the fish, but as confirmed by a few locals I ran into, it had been a strange few days where the bite was off. We ended up spending much more time fishing than catching, but everybody seemed to have a great time.

The catches we made included a variety for sure, including some toothy critters Mesh Door Window Wire fencing Automotive exterior

some flying ladies Water Shorts Muscle Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies Cloud
and some pretty fine table fare Vertebrate Fish Shorts Water Seafood
!
This area in the far southeastern corner of NC is a fine estuary and a beautiful place to fish. Not too hard to see why I like it Water Sky Lake Cloud Plant
!
I spend a great deal of my fishing time solo or with some crusty ol' NCAngler fishing partners:D, so it was nice to have the brothers-in-law and nephews on the boat for a couple of days. I love my boat and am told often how great it rides and how it's just relaxing to be onboard, as demonstrated here by my nephew, Spencer Water Boat Sky Smile Watercraft
There's just nothing like a fishing trip and nice boat ride to put smiles on faces of all ages, demonstrated here by me and my nephew, Ethan! Glasses Water Smile Sky Cloud
And perhaps the biggest WIN of all came to my nephew, Landon, who in addition to landing a few nice fish, got some one-on-one Captain's lessons at the helm with Capt. Jim. According to the kids, the faster the action, the bigger the smiles, as demonstrated here by Landon at the controls Water Smile Boat Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies Naval architecture
! I hope you guys are all catching your share and releasing the majority and finding time to spend with family and friends on the water. Here's hoping the smiles on these faces will put a smile on yours!

BTJ

·
Registered
832 Posts
Thanks for the post. There isnt nothing like fishing with family. It was always a joy to spend time with my father whether it be fishing or just hanging out. The older they get, the more they will want to enjoy things with their father. Great looking fish to.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys! Yeah, I don't get to see them or have them on the boat that often, so we always take advantage when we can. I introduced them all to fishing, so it's fun to watch their progress.

BTJ

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, Rick! I hope you get on 'em! I looked toward that area this weekend, but saw that wind. Decided to head to Bay River. We're sitting in camp right now. It's a beautiful night here. Have a great weekend! I'll be running out of Carolina Beach next weekend.

BTJ
Awesome fishing report Jim. I'm fishing Sunset Beach this weekend, wind is kicking our butts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, RC- We're down in your neighborhood at River's Edge on Bay River this weekend for the Red X M&G. Hope to get on some fish tomorrow! Good fishing to you!

BTJ

Great post jim. Get those boys out there as often as you can, you will be amazed at how rapidly their fishing skills develop. It is a great pleasure to watch my boys outfish me to death. They are having the time of their lives. Nothing better. Catch em up!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.