NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, me and my buddy have taken up fishing but we have limited experience, I am used to saltwater and he doesn't know a whole lot.
We have been fishing for a couple weeks, we have tried local ponds, the Neuse River and Wiggins Mill a bit.
So far the only thing we have caught was I cought a small bluegill at Wiggins mill.
Right now we fish from the bank but I am getting a 13' Boston whaler in a month or so.

So where are some good fishing spots fishing from the bank within an hour or so from Goldsboro? What do you use for bait or lures? We are very new to this, only thing we have tried are shad rigs in the river, trick worms on a Texas rig in the ponds and Wiggins mill, and a small spinnerbait I cought the bluegill with.

Thanks for the help!

Edit: I should mention at this time we are not fishing for anything in particular just want to catch fish.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Head down and fish the creeks off the neuse around new bern. Should be plenty down there to tug on a line. A 13 whaler would be perfect for that.

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Looking to refresh this... also new to the area, but a couple years later. I hear there isn’t much public access to lakes/ponds around here, is that true? Tried googling areas near by to fish, but you know how the internet works... I can’t find any good leads for the area. Fishing from the banks primarily. Hope to have a yak or boat in a while, still working on the wife. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts