NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to let you guys know, even though we didnt go to the coast this weekend (weather....), that I went ahead and filed a float plan anyway. First time using it and was pretty simple, my buddy who was my emergency point of contact got it emailed to him,, and was simple enough.

So, dont be afraid to file or use the float plan link on this site, it definately works and is easy to accomplish. Whomever's idea it was, thanx! works great and thanx Randy for adding it to the site, will definately come in handy and I sure "plan" to use it frequently.:D

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
I actually used the float plan for a kayak outing this weekend as well. (It helps relieve a few blood-pressure points for my wife.) Some of the fields were a little awkward -- after I told it I had no engine, it still wanted to know whether it was inboard or outboard. :) I've suggested a few tweaks to Randy, we'll see what he can work out.

Lefty

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
Thanks for the note on the Float Plan Dave. It was custom programmed for our site and it is nice to know folks are benefiting from additions like that. I had back surgery yesterday and just got home so the wife is only giving me a few minutes online. I'll try to work on some of Lefty's tweaks in a couple weeks when I'm back up to speed.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Randy, the only thing I saw that could be added to the float plan would be to add a block for MMSI contact #.

That way services could hail a channel 70 MMSI position request or make a call using DSC. Would be handy information to pass on to Coast Guard if needed.

Take care of that back, wish you a quick recovery.

Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.