NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if it has shown up yet?

Would like to fish there this Saturday, but if the grunge has arrived I'll want to make other plans.

I fished there once last summer, and there was lots of it It stuck to my boat and trailer to the point of needing extensive pressure washing to get it off. I don't wanna transfer it to my local lake.

Am trying to fish there this year before it appears.

Plus Fishin',
RW

·
Registered
35 Posts
Duck weed is what he's refering to. i was up there last summer a couple times and it was pretty bad all over the lake. So thick in some places you couldnt even work a frog through it. A lot of it did stick to my trailer and boat but i just stopped by a car wash on the way home and sprayed it off before it became really stuck. I'm currently overseas otherwise i could probably tell you.

·
Registered
660 Posts
We had duck weed in Snow Camp a couple of years ago. Organized the property owners and we spent a Saturday scooping it out of the water with small nets. Had just a little last year and none so far this year..

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Duck weed is what he's refering to. i was up there last summer a couple times and it was pretty bad all over the lake. So thick in some places you couldnt even work a frog through it. A lot of it did stick to my trailer and boat but i just stopped by a car wash on the way home and sprayed it off before it became really stuck. I'm currently overseas otherwise i could probably tell you.
Thanks for the grunge ID CaptD, and God Bless your time overseas.
Good idea stopping in a car wash close. I feel a little sheepish not having thought of that.
I have two boats, one would be much easier to clean. Although it's not my preferred boat - nor that of my fishin' buddy, it looks like it should be preferred for this lake once the duckweed surfaces.

Hope somebody who knows chimes in soon. Might you have a buddy back here who would know that you could prompt to respond? That'd be great.

Maybe I'll see you on the water once you're back.

Plus Fishin'.
Be Well. Live Long and Prosper.
RW

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
I haven't been there in a little while. Going tomorrow fishing but not there....:) If you shoot back towards Pink hill there is a car wash next to Hwy 55 just before you go out of town. Then shoot back towards Goldsboro.

·
Registered
660 Posts
In Minnesota and North Dakota they have wash stations at the state wildlife ramps. If you get caught on the highway with your plug in or vegetation on your boat or trailer, you get a serious fine. $500 for first offense. Also illegal to dump live bait...

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Duck week can be found in every drainage in NC.......I have seen it in ponds that eventually feed trout streams and seen it in every river..........I would wash it off just to keep your stuff clean but there is nothing to worry about if you transport in to another spot,,,,if it isnt there it isnt idea conditions for it to grow or it would already be there..........

http://www.fs.fed.us/wildflowers/plant-of-the-week/lemna_minor.shtml

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Duck week can be found in every drainage in NC.......I have seen it in ponds that eventually feed trout streams and seen it in every river..........I would wash it off just to keep your stuff clean but there is nothing to worry about if you transport in to another spot,,,,if it isnt there it isnt idea conditions for it to grow or it would already be there..........

http://www.fs.fed.us/wildflowers/plant-of-the-week/lemna_minor.shtml
Thanks Mack,
That's good and useful info.

Originally posted by Scott Hobbs:
"If you shoot back towards Pink hill there is a car wash next to Hwy 55 just before you go out of town. Then shoot back towards Goldsboro."

And Thanks Scott.
I had a fairly strong gut feelin' you'd be chimin' in here somewhere. This is barely off-route. EZ.
Appreciate the help.

Plus Fishin',
RW

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What Scott meant was Hwy 55 "restaurant". Hwy 55 doesn't go through Pink Hill. But you probably already new that.
Thanks. I guess I did know that, but had not thought of it in this context. I've been the length of Hwy 55, but never to Pink Hill. Didn't put it all together 'til you brought me around. Appreciate it.

Plus Fishin',
RW

Reactions: satguy
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.