NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
I use this everywhere. Drifting channels, working bridges, docks, structure (any type).......vey effective method. As others are as well.

I've caught limits in just a few hours using this in the ICW(or similar set up) in certain places.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Did you guys watch the underwater view. I did not know that flounder would chase a lure as aggressively as they do. Really surprised.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I only fish bucktails if I'm drifting or casting that's all I use. Inshore casting I only use a 5/8 oz it's th3 magical weight for flounder i use them in 6 inches all the way out to some inshore reefs depending on the tide and current

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
Yesterday I casted around the jetty at fort macon with a 1/2 oz bucktail and gulp shrimp with no luck. Unfortunately I was there at low tide and I have decided that fort macon from the jetty south is useless to fish at low tide due to the way the slough is pretty much separated from the open water.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Did you guys watch the underwater view. I did not know that flounder would chase a lure as aggressively as they do. Really surprised.
When fishing on the pier I have had flounder follow my bait on the way up from the bottom to the surface in 20 feet of water.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I really like this set up.. It's really easy to tie and easy to change out your bucktails and dropper loop hook (no more tying hooks on unless soaking baits). Not sure if its in that video or another he has, but one has him double hooked which I dream of on this system.. I'm heading down to CB in a couple weeks and plan on trying this set up from Snows Cut all the way to Battery Island and Striking Island (drifting in some spots not all the way down :D). Gotta get ready for the Carolina Beach Inshore Challenge!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yesterday I casted around the jetty at fort macon with a 1/2 oz bucktail and gulp shrimp with no luck. Unfortunately I was there at low tide and I have decided that fort macon from the jetty south is useless to fish at low tide due to the way the slough is pretty much separated from the open water.
High tide going out is the best there. From my limited experience.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts