NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I left all the Gulp bait at home today. I'm back to using conventional soft bait lures. Today, I caught limit on legal size flounder and four specks the old fashion way--fooling them with an experienced retrieve and finding the right colors. Don't get me wrong, Gulp is the most successful bait replacement to ever come along and it appears that anyone can catch fish with it (sorry Gulp fans).:eek: I find after having used it, I still prefer the challenges and rewards that come with the use of the conventional artificial lures.

Catching fish the hard way.;)

Later, Forrest

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
That is about as good of an add for gulp! as anyone could write. I have to agree that part of fishing is the challenge but I'm still not above using live bait or gulp!. It sounds like you had the flounders' number. Four specks is pretty good too. AL

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
it appears that anyone can catch fish with it
Hm, I'm not sure I resemble that remark well enough... :confused:
Gotta keep trying to get up to "anyone" status.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went back to same place this morning. It's terrible, I can't catch trout because of the flounder bite. I guess I need to take some Gulp over there and wipe all the flounder out so that I can catch a trout.:confused:

Later, Forrest

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I'd love to have that problem..LOL!!

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Never thought of using fish to keep the drinks cold. Good idea!:D

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BAD OMEN-- to use separate coolers for drinks and fish. Gotta be something to it-- that's what my neighbor told me.:D

Later, Forrest

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Dr.Pepper with a hint of Sushi. I'll have to try that. Less stuff to carry.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.