NC Angler Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am on vacation in Emerald Isle and I would like to try to catch some flounder does anyone have any recommendations on locations and bait or lures ?
Thank you,

·
Registered
9,996 Posts
Forgot the name of the nice tackle shop on Emerald Isle, but I feel they could answer a lot of your questions. There is a small park you can get to from the right side of that tackle shop that may be a good spot if you're bank fishing. Has a pier also.

·
Registered
262 Posts
The tackle shop is The Reel Outdoors and the pier is Bogue Inlet Pier. Either on of these places will put you on the fish!!

·
Banned
2,564 Posts
I caught more flounder on my dock in the back yard than anywhere else.

I might be wiling to tell you where the reds were stacking up at the first of an incoming tide.

Where abouts are you staying.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Although not in Emerald Isle, but back across the bridge, turn left and head towards Swansboro. On the right side, across from Dudley's is a little parking lot. Pull in there and follow the path to the bridge. Continue to follow it along the rip-rap. There's plenty of bait in the marsh on the right, and some flounder along that rip-rap. C-rigged finger mullet does the trick.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Although not in Emerald Isle, but back across the bridge, turn left and head towards Swansboro. On the right side, across from Dudley's is a little parking lot. Pull in there and follow the path to the bridge. Continue to follow it along the rip-rap. There's plenty of bait in the marsh on the right, and some flounder along that rip-rap. C-rigged finger mullet does the trick.
Only thing missing in that post is the offer to let you drink beer while he catches the fish for ya.

·
Registered
523 Posts
My Bad

Oh lordy, what have I done? Did I expose a top-secret fishing hole known only to about ten thousand people, a bait, and a rigging technique so sophisticated as to exclude all but a few top-of-the-line pros from using it? My bad. I read newbie and apparently misunderstood that a guy was honestly looking for some help from this site. Apparently I goofed in offering some to him.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Ten thousand people now, twenty thousand tomorrow. Get offended if you want. I don't care buddy. And let that be known.

But this spot needs to be cleaned up VERY badly, probably worse than gales and broad ever did. So MY bad for assuming that the majority of humans are appalling creatures. I forgot that if you're a member of ncangler.com, then you MUST be a responsible and respectful angler!?! Its a prerequisite, right? NO, but I do think a prerequisite should be an inservice on how to use the private messaging feature. But thats just me. And I'm no pro by any means. Well, maybe at calling people out. That ****** a-hole. Ya know.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Nothing wrong with giving info. And you are one of the few I would listen to. Just remember this is your back yard too and the internet is public as public gets. By the way that spot sucks.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.