NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get into flounder giggin. I will mainly be doing this around Holden beach area. I first need some ideas about making the gigs and then where to start looking fish or what to look for while out there. Please help I'm always trying different things just need some info. Thanks

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Start with a guided trip with Breadman Ventures and you will learn everything you need to know from that point forward. Well worth the money.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Get a gig head at agro-supply, etc and get a rake handle. For less than $10 you have a great walking Gig. IF you are going to do it from a boat, you are going to have to put some $$$ up for a nice aluminum handle and gig head ($100iirc).

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Ditto on what Sundrop said. Breadman is the man with flounder gigging. He has also been active on this site for a long time and is willing to help people out. I don't think you would be disappointed in a gigging trip with him. If nothing else, it is an investment to your happiness. :D

·
Registered
425 Posts
I use a gig head that you can get at most wal marts, and put it on an extendable painters pole from Lowe's. Less than $30 and works great. Might not work against the huge doormats, but I don't know if I'll ever find out😣

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
info

I want to get into flounder giggin. I will mainly be doing this around Holden beach area. I first need some ideas about making the gigs and then where to start looking fish or what to look for while out there. Please help I'm always trying different things just need some info. Thanks
Save your money and just get out there and do it. Gig around the inlet at holden beach/long beach. We went last year in sept and our first time out we got our limit. Best time seems to be 2hrs before low tide and 2 hrs after. The later low tide seemed to help too. All our fish seemed to be right up on the banks. We gigged out of my 21 foot carolina skiff using the trolling motor. We got two aluminum gigs and the longer gig worked better. I got my lights from fishinglightsetc.com.

Just move around until you find the fish.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts