NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a guide in the oak island/ocean isle area for flounder fishing the inside river and creek systems. Will be back on oak island in sept and in oct. Thanks for any replies.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Go by and talk to Jimmy price off of fish factory road. He's not a guide anymore but will recommend someone to you.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Go by and talk to Jimmy price off of fish factory road. He's not a guide anymore but will recommend someone to you.
Did have that in mind. Hate that I didn't hire JP when first heard of him, probably one of the best flounder guides on east coast.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Greer Hughes Cool Runnings
Wally Trayah Oak Is. Charters

·
Registered
31 Posts
He would be a good resource. I still have some of his videos on VHS.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I personally know Greer Wally and rerun they are all awesome guides and fishermen also tim corn I would recommend any of them.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Price...the flounder guru was the man back in the day. Richard Petty, Dale Earnhardt and several more of those guys booked him every year. But yep, he is retired now.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Back in 96 bought a 21' Neptune to king fish off oak island, when not, fishing for flounder on yaupon reef. 1 day while anchored on the reef flounder fishing jimmy comes up and anchors within 30 to 35 ft from me. No problem for me , we already had a few keepers and it assured me it was a good spot. Ended up hooking something Huge and heard jimmy says "u not gonna pull up the bottom". Well this bottom was moving... just slow. When I replied it was moving, 1 of his guys says whats he got? JP replies, maybe cobia. After a couple minutes it was broken off on bottom. Pretty sure, not a big drum cause we have landed several over 40" in the past.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts