NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone im headed to Wilmington to meet up with a buddy that lives down there and i was just trying to get a good starting point for flounder, will be bringing my boat so I can go wherever I need to. This will be my first time going out of Wilmington so any tips will be greatly appreciated. Also will be targeting Spanish early before going after flounder so any tips on where to try for some Spaniards will help too... thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Drift the inlet for flatties with peanuts if you can find them, they are beginning to leave. Troll the tide lines for Spanish

·
Registered
768 Posts
They have moved in everywhere! Get you a CR and a gulp shrimp. And work the docks, in/out tides @ creeks, channels and you will find them!

If you can get to the inlet......drift that! Best bet will be a 1-2oz bucktail with a 4" gulp shrimp...both white. bounce along the bottom till you hook up!!

Light jigging, just barley along the bottom.

Do not share this top secrete method what ever you do! :)

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
You dun spilled the beans now ;)

You fish the rock today?

They have moved in everywhere! Get you a CR and a gulp shrimp. And work the docks, in/out tides @ creeks, channels and you will find them!

If you can get to the inlet......drift that! Best bet will be a 1-2oz bucktail with a 4" gulp shrimp...both white. bounce along the bottom till you hook up!!

Light jigging, just barley along the bottom.

Do not share this top secrete method what ever you do! :)

·
Registered
847 Posts
Their def inside just not much size to the ones I've landed so far. One keeper for every half dozen or so. Plenty of menhaden in the CFR if you want to liven up things. Good Luck and watch for storms popping up.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Thanks for the great posts guys. Im heading down tomorrow to fish for some flounder with my wife and daughter. Hopefully we can find a few.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts