NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14,639 Posts
The Fisherman's Post Annual Inshore Challenge is May 17th. It has categories for flounder and speckled trout. One entry fee covers both fish. While the weigh-in takes place in WB, there is no check-out so you can fish up your end of Topsail and then just make the run down (via boat) to weigh in. The winning Trout usually comes from the New River.

The Fisherman's Post - Carolina's Saltwater Newspaper: Inshore Challenge

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
Just curious, if there is no check out, how do they know what time you started fishing?

·
Registered
14,639 Posts
Just curious, if there is no check out, how do they know what time you started fishing?
Honor system. A lot of tournaments do that now, especially since most of them start at daybreak or there abouts. Even then you can motor to your spot before the start, you can even catch bait, just no fishing. Well honor system unless they suspect something and you are in the top finishers, then they give you the lie detector test.

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
I like the idea of being on your spot at first light. No mad dash to get going..... Perfect for my slow old boat..LOL!!

·
Registered
14,639 Posts
Yeah - the few tournaments I have been in that have checkouts - its a mad rush out of the inlet and gets a little crazy. Like I mentioned above most have gone to a "no checkout system".

It also helps attract folks from further away - they can fish in their home waters with out making the trip to a distant checkout point. Then if they catch a fish they feel is big enough to weigh they can make the trek to the weigh in station. Otherwise they save the gas and don't bother.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I have a speckled trout tournament out of my shop starting March 15 - May 14. 3 largest fish weighed in at my shop pays. Ran one in fall and again this year. Several said spring would be good too so here we go. Need participants.

Also, Oct 25 2008 - Pamlico County Shrine Club will be holding the second tournament- 3 fish aggregate weight. Successful last year but need more participation; especially kids. I chair this and can provide all needed info. Also need sponsors - Corporate $300, Gold $200, & Silver $100 + doors prizes. Pass the word.

Later

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.