NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
I'm 20 miles south, down here the bite seemed to be back this past week-end - mainly at or near the inlets. However the creeks and channel water is clearing up and should be back to normal for this time of year soon.

Let us know how you make out!

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Eric at New River Marine says they are biting in the river and intercoastal waterway at Sneads Ferry. They are also getting a few out of the surf. Finger mullet are what they are eating right now. You might have better luck at the inlet. That's where I would start if the tide is outgoing in the morning.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just posted pictures of my Labor Day fishing trip to Beaufort. That flounder is the largest one I have ever caught. 22"... What do everyone else use for bait. I think I was just lucky this time. I was using minnows caught in Taylor's Creek. I am going this weekend, 9/30/05. Any suggestions on where they are biting the best.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
No flounder bite to report around the Drum Inlets. Ophlelia made so many changes, I guess fish are just as confused as I am about where to go. The old inlet( original ) went from a few hundred feet wide to almost 1/2 mile wide. Also a new inlet opened on Davis Island. Getting plenty of ocean water into Core Sound right now across from Sea Level And Atlantic.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Slow process. Never seen so many live oak leaves-- Water still hasn't cleared up yet. It was shaping up to be a good flounder year for me before this storm. Best part of season is yet to come-- will have to wait and see.

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
I gigged 16 Tuesday night that went 43lbs. in Sneads Ferry. (someone else was with me, the 8 fish limit) The flounder are here, but I don't know how they are biting. Some nice specks are hiting hard though, if you know the holes. Good luck this weekend.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.