NC Angler Forums banner

Floundering around at germantown

Inshore 
4K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  Curtis Pelt 
#1 ·
Me and my buddy billy suggs fished gt this morning along with many many others lookin for flounder . We caught 30+ including these beauties . Billy swiped my unc cap so i had to rock my pennzoil hat that was given to me by that great nc angler , #1 red x , papadave !!! What was really funny , while in hardees , belhaven , this morning 3 guys came in and looked at billy and said ' i know you , you're curtis pelt . We broke out laughin with billy sayin yep that's me . Never seen that many boat trailers at gt ramp , probably 20 or so , parked all up the road . We left at 11 am

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
It was only a few years ago when 3 boats at germantown was a crowd. Seems to be a lot of interest in the Northern side of the sound the the past few years. Surprised a new tackle shop,campground or something hasn't popped up in the area. Last Saturday was the most boats I had ever seen down there.Thought I was in Morehead. Rose Bay and Swan Quarter parking lots full and parking on the side of the road.

#6 ·
Awesome catch Curtis. Since you seem to fish that area often, maybe you would be the guy to ask. I launched out of Rose Bay on Tuesday. Fished the Rose Bay area and then went to the Germantown area, didn't catch squat, but it was the first time I had been in that area. Anyway, what are the big PVC structures in those areas? One of the two I saw was marked with a name and number the other had no identification at all. The one that wasn't marked looked like it had crab pots run right through it. I steered clear not knowing what they were. Any way, I was just wondering. Again, nice catch. You appear to be a flounder whisperer! Nice work.

Keith

#18 ·
when I see those pvc stakes it means "fish here" to me, but watch out for oysters. :)

Reactions: RouseD
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.