NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well maybe I should call the thread - FLOUNDER TIME!

I decided to head out this morning bent on catching a flounder dinner. I succeeded. Actually I believe you'll agree I caught quite a few flounder dinners. :D:D:D

I caught 14 today, keeping my limit of 8, the smallest I kept was 18 inches, the biggest was 22 and weighed in at 4 pounder 12 ounces (missed that first citation of 2007 by 4 ounces). There is only 7 in picture because I gave one away to my neighbor before I thought to get the camera out. You'll just have to trust me on the eighth :eek:

All were caught with bucktails tipped with strip bait in about 60' of water.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Re: Foundering around

In 60' of water, ya didn't get the one Kurt left for ya, unless he moved. Did you ever find that fellow again?

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LOL.... well I did go back a few days latter and caught 2 from that same spot where Kurt left the doormat. But they weren't doormats, so she got away.

Yeah 60' - those are the same flounder that were near the beaches and inlets this summer and fall. They will move back in next spring when the bait returns.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.