NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the past, all my saltwater fly fishing experience has been with stripers up north. I am going to target Kings/Cobia out of a kayak with my 10 wt for the first time. What type of leader and flies would you use?

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
I have a few "poly duster streamers" that I tied and I have caught blues and flounder (letting them sink in the trough) on in the past. I would be happy to give you a few to test; it would give you something different to try if striking out if nothing else. I will try to remember to get a picture tonight and we can probably meet somewhere if you want a few. It will give me an excuse to tie some more. :)

·
Registered
529 Posts
I have no recommendations for flies, but please tell me you have a GoPro that you can get some footage with. Some of us need to live vicariously through this awesomeness.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
unfortunately that item of my wish list has not been fullfilled.. (I missed the gear pro sale :().

I think most of my striper flies will work, especially eel and crab patterns. I will need to use a wire leader.. How do you attach a wire leader to your leader/fly line? Haywire twist on the wire end I assume, but on the other end?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts