·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Nice and you can get it in an 8wt....

·
Registered
9,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Same here Scott, and Jonathon. I may would get whupped if I bought another fly combo at present. It does look like a very good deal. Fly line is also included. I think it would be a great set up for someone just getting into fly fishing. By the time you bought a cheap rod, and reel, and the fly line, you would have close to this amount of money invested. I haven't checked the warranty on the rod, but think it could be a 25 year warranty.

·
Registered
9,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Tony, just saw the warranty on the ad. I have Cabelas L-Tech, and an LSi, and a Traditional II fly rods. The T II has a short warranty, but I love the way that rod handles. Anyone buying any rod that wants to make sure it is something they would like should try before buy. I am guilty of that, but I filter through all the reviews 1st before I buy, and only buy on sale items. Most of the rods I bought were half price.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Cabelas makes good moderate action flyrods. I bought a pair of combos a 5wt and an 8wt set for 39.00. This review was done 2 years ago to the date!!!!! I gave the 8wt to my frat brother who wanted to try bass buggin and I still use the 5t as a "nock around" set in the truck for those days you are sitting in the park aiting on your wife and wondering... what in that creek, office park pond or storm rain LOL

http://therivah.blogspot.com/2013/01/look-what-came-today.html

http://therivah.blogspot.com/2013/01/as-posted-last-week-i-recently-picked.html

Follow, Posting regularly will be one of my 2015 resolution!!!

·
Registered
9,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
dmason, thanks for the input.There is something for everyone who wants to get started in fly fishing. I do what I can to promote the sport. Fly fishing and tying flies has done wonders for my retirement, and would be good for anyone. When conditions are too bad to fly fish, tying flies is the ticket. It is so much fun catching fish on flies you've tied yourself. I started out with a Diawa Algonquin rod, and a composite reel. I still have that rod, and the reel, but the reel has warped a bit. The rod is a bit heavy, but fishes well. It was under $40 when I got it, and not on sale. A cheap rod doesn't mean it will not cast good, but will be heavier than putting a little more money in one. Knock around rods would be best in cases where damage is a concern.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I keep hearing April but its all hearsay no proof. I would think they would push for it to be open for the spring spawn and Memorial holidays if not by Easter.

Reactions: dbeam and RouseD

·
Registered
224 Posts
I picked one of these up in 8wt last year for an all around rod.... bass, carp, red fish, steelhead(when I am in WNY visiting family). For the $$, I couldn't be happier with it. The fly line it comes with is pretty cheap. But it works..... I suggest this set up to just about anyone who is just getting in to the sport and doesn't want to spend a ton of $$$ to start out with.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.