NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to Wrightville the 26th of April . Hope to do some fly fishing, I do have a jon boat w/9.9 merc for ICW and creeks. any good spots if the wind is up. Maybe I can pick up a drum or trout?

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
It tough to know where to tell you to get out of the wind without knowing what direction the wind will be coming from. however the prevailing wind that time of year is out of the SW which means it is coming from land and right up the ICW. So the least windy spots may be in the creeks on the mainland side where you get some wind protection from the trees. With that said, I find the drum tend to hang out around the inlets and the marsh banks near them during that time of year. So hopefully you'll have some low wind days!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Guess what. I hooked a friend with a Jones Brothers and we Both don't know what we are doing. Boating Skills Yes. Fly fishing No... But the learning curve is in place. Spring has sprung.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.