NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone - I'm new to fly fishing and to the board. I got an outfit and I'm wanting to get out in the Raleigh area to fly fish before heading to the mountains and coast. I've been to the Neuse but being currently without waders I would prefer somewhere that I do not need to wade into to deep of water to get to decent spots.

If anyone had any good spots to try out, please let me know!

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
The Eno in Durham is probably the best place to learn in the area. You can wade it without waders. The water averages 2ft or less in most places. Hit any of the access points. Fews Ford or the Cole Mill access are probably the easiest.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I fly fish out at Harris Lake quite a bit, usually from my kayak and on a boat with a co worker. I have done it from the shore though. If you go to the park entrance and park there , there is a clearing to the right where you can fish. If you don't mind a little hike, bring your waders or hip waders and follow some of the trails and you'll find some coves where you can get out a little bit and fly fish that way. It's a great place if you're targeting bluegills, can also get some bass as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.