NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning. My name is Jerry and I am primarily a fly fisherman who has recently moved to the area from up in Northern Virginia. Are there any places to wade and fly fish around the New Bern area? I do not have a boat or kayak so I'm limited as to my access to other areas and would prefer to wade and fly fish. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Not sure of your concern of snakes and gators, but there's some of both there. You don't see anyone out there wading. I'd strongly suggest fishing from a boat. There's some significant drop off in a lot of areas.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Good morning. My name is Jerry and I am primarily a fly fisherman who has recently moved to the area from up in Northern Virginia. Are there any places to wade and fly fish around the New Bern area? I do not have a boat or kayak so I'm limited as to my access to other areas and would prefer to wade and fly fish. Thanks in advance.
Hi jerry I fly fish and would not wade in these waters I have a kayak and often see 8-10ft+ gators. If you want to wade I would go to the coast and wade in the surf.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts