NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For sure, you have to watch you dont slam them up against the rocks. Luckily they are usually sold in multipacks.

I like to use the ones you can fill with water when fishing for stocked trout in deeper water. I attach a two or three foot leader to a size 16 treble hook and cover it with Berkley Power Bait. The Power Bait floats the hook so you can adjust your leader to the depth the fish are holding at.

They are very versatile, they allow you to use any bait or fly you want with a spinning rod.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have also used the weighted foam floats but paint them black and drop back about 18 inches to 2 feet with a fly or popper. But since I classified as a old fart I have been known to use flies on a bream pole or cane pole. I wonder if Dicks in Clayton ever figured out what caused the rush on popper Easter Sunday?

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Anybody know where you can pick these up around fayetteville?? Only place I've found them is at cabela's online. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
This is actually an old thread I brought back up. Was looking for casting bubbles. :D

Crummy, do you use the old wine corks on spinning tackle?? If so how?? And how do you get enough weight on the line to cast very far. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
This is actually an old thread I brought back up. Was looking for casting bubbles. :D

Crummy, do you use the old wine corks on spinning tackle?? If so how?? And how do you get enough weight on the line to cast very far. Thanks.
Yep, spinning rig.(ultra-light) For small streams, sometimes it's not needed. Just flippin'. (you can use store bought corks the same) You can put a bb split shot on the upper end of the cork. Those wine corks make deadly trout chow immitations.:D We have a name for it but I probably shouldn't type it.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
I was thinking about using regular corks for this type of thing. Wasn't sure how effective it'd be. I have plenty of the weighted types which allows me to toss across a lage area.

How far from the cork should you tie your fly?

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
That's what i'm wanting. An alternative when I'm out. I'm not confident in my fly fishing yet and doing it from a kayak is a completely different thing also. I'm still learning both of those aspects of fishing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.