NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's right - flying bluefin tuna. I had to rub my eyes to believe it. This morning I was out bright and early (actually before BRIGHT as it was still dark) and headed out for some bonito fishing. I wasn't the only one chasing the bonito - there were several 200-300 pound bluefin tunas chasing them too. What a sight! And only a few miles off the beach. Pretty amazing fish.

·
Registered
14,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey Mike, I got the fix for that! ;)
Wish you and your boat had been there!

I've had this discussion over and over again with my friend that has the same boat as I do. We just can't figure out how we would get a 300 pound tuna into a 19' boat with no crew. Otherwise I would have strapped on a 50W and trolled for those babies..lol

·
Registered
23 Posts
Awesome picture. I have never seen anything like that. Have only been off shore 4 to 5 times with a friend and caught tuna, dolphin, and wahoo. Would love to fall into a sight like this. I just don't find the flounder jumping after the bait fish in the creeks like those tuna:D Thanks again for the picture!! H2O Fowl 4

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.