NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey fellas i am looking a replacement for a mercury part # 261-9007-c2 flywheel to go on a force tracker 2 cylinder 50 hp, believed 96 model. should anyone be able to direct my attention, i would appreciate it. tight lines.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Did it tear up the magnets when they came loose? ( assuming that's what has happened) if not you can epoxy them back on better than mercury did. Also, put that part number in Ebay and a few pop up around $125-$150. There are also some part numbers that interchange.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
261-9008A34 , 261- 9008A52 I think are a few , double check your numbers on the engine and make sure you have the right year model. It changes a lot.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Inspect the stator for any scarring or damage and if its clean you should be ok. But it is considered "proper" to replace it just as a precaution. I say let the depth of your pockets be your guide if you are doing your own labor. If you are paying a shop no need to risk paying twice.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
appreciate that. one thing ive noticed on ebay that seems odd. my part number is stamped on the bottom, and those are stamped on top. also, mine has three threaded holes around the nut and those don't. i can't really see why that would matter though.

will study your info given. thanks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.