NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems that I am in constant battle with the Tackle Monkey. I admit that he tends to make liars, cheats, and low down scoundrels out of most normal honest fishermen. Every once and awhile I get to celebrate a small victory, one of which I will share with you. I'm always on the look out something cheap and novel to combat this beast. The other day I was browsing around in a salvage shop and believe I have found the master piece. It might even compare with GUMMY WORMS! Take a look at pic--to a scholar this looks like a pencil eraser--to a pea brain fisherman it looks like a trout jig. Two for a nickel--now thats cheap. Name no problem--THE TROUT ERASER!:D

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Good color, good size... if it jigs right in the water you're good to go!!!!

Reactions: fojoloy

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
$2.50 per hundred ??!!! Well I'll be... Not trying to be nosey but is that salvage shop a chain store.....?????
Found them at a freight damage store-- privately owned. I only bought $1.25 worth. Going back first chance and offer 2 cents ea. for rest of inventory--besides kids nowadays aren't supposed to make mistakes to erase.:)

Reactions: Dave B.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Just thought I'd share this with you guys,

My wife and I went to Dick's Sporting Goods this afternoon at Triangle Towne Center. We got 2 gift certificates for money we spent using our Dick's Mastercard (food for the tackle monkey).

Anyhow, we went in and she said that she wanted a pair of Crocs shoes. So we looked around and after about 15 minutes and she found her shoes. We were about to walk to the checkout counter when I felt the icy hand of the tackle monkey grab my shoulder, and I said "Hey honey, let's go upstairs and look at some of the fishing stuff. Promise, I won't get anything." Famous last words right?

Anyhow, We were looking around and I told her I was looking for a new tackle box to replace my battered and beat up old one. She pointed out this real nice Flambeau Kwikdraw tackle box system ($19.99 retail). Exactly what I have been looking for to replace my old beat up tackle box. Small enough to tote around with ease but large enough for all my freshwater gear with a little room for expansion.

So then she goes to look at some other stuff and I slip over to where the fishing lures are. Just as I pick up a couple packages of slip corks, She walks up behind me and whispers into my ear "You are stronger than the tackle monkey". I couldn't help but laugh. I escaped Dick's with the clothes on my back, the Croc's shoes, and a nice new tacklebox. :D

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
LOL!! I know the feeling!!!

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
She is smart too. She lured him into the Monkeys lair and while he was under the influence snagged her a nice pair of Crocs that cost more than that tackle box!! Sneaky women, sneaky.....

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
SURE THERE IS!!
i belive my ex-girlfriend had 200+/- pair of shoes.. umm and only two feet.. i could always justify a $300 rod/reel combo. after she'd bought a $700 pair of boots. which i only remember seeing her wearing twice in 6 years...

and this is just my $.02

zooker

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.