NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lots of shad, bass and walleye in Tsali. Bass are all over the range top to 60ft. Walleye near bottom. Absolutely wild this morning until the sun came out. Then it shut off. I was using a #7 Jigging Rap - Glow. Color might not have mattered. Size absolutely did. Really enjoyed it as this will be my last trip for a while. Rotator cuff surgery tomorrow. Go get'em.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Thanks for sharing. I mean it. I've been housed up in the hospital now for two weeks with wife's bro (knee replacement) and I can tell you, we have a mighty itchy trigger finger. I feel for you 'cause cuff surgery takes even more therapy. Fortunately you have your memories to tide you over. Hang-in there.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Hope surgery went well, I haven't been on Fontana as much, chasing them old stripers on Hartwell, but when I have I knew I hadn't seen you. Ronnie and I figured you had a honey hole way down lake somewhere. That bass fishing is what tore up that shoulder, should have stayed with those eyes, they don't pull as hard. The good news is that when I have been on Fontana we have been getting pretty good walleye and the best is there seems to be a pretty good two year old class of fish which I haven't seen in years. We are trying to release most of them if possible. Maybe the wildlife folks snuck some stockings in without our knowing it....fat chance. Prayers for getting back out there, miss seeing you. James

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Been hearing some good reports. Nothing like years past. I talked to the biologist. There has been NO stocking in Fontana. Fontana is at the bottom of the priority list and only if there is an "excess" at the hatchery would we get any. That's not the kind of stocking effort it will take to make a difference at Fontana.Thanks for the prayer and good wishes. Hope to make it back out by December.

·
Red X Angler
3,788 Posts
Look into bovine colostrum powder to take as a supplement while you're working on healing after surgery. Some of the medical doctors might wave it off, but there is good data on it and it makes sense. Best of luck to you in your recovery!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Look into bovine colostrum powder to take as a supplement while you're working on healing after surgery. Some of the medical doctors might wave it off, but there is good data on it and it makes sense. Best of luck to you in your recovery!
Been doing some reading. Very interesting. Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.