NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was sorting my gear and discovered I had forgot about the new stuff I had bought almost a month ago. Had to replace my old Columbia tobaggan, so I bought a Simms Windstopper. While I was replacing the hat, I picked up a pair of the Simms Skeenas. I tried them on http://www.simmsfishing.com/shop/socks-gloves/skeena-glove.html. Man, they felt sweet., and had to have them. I have tried neoprene in the past ( Glacier Gloves ) and these are so much more comfy. These will replace my older Windstoppers I bought when I was in Wyoming years ago. I have sewn them back together so many times they are beyond repair. Also discovered that I had forgot to wash my fleece pants and wool socks from my last trip, it was quite funkalicous when I dumped it onto the floor. Soaking in woolite right now. The grand parents have the seven year old tomorrow and my wife is heading to Augusta for a week, so with this nasty cold weather that is upon us, I figured I would try the greenway on the Catawaba tomorrow. Regardless if the fish decide to cooperate, it will give me a chance to get away from domestic home life for a while.

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The wind was so bad when I loaded my stuff and took the kid to granny's I gave in and started tying. Then I discovered I was out of coneheads for my slumpbuster's I was going to tie. It was God's way of saying I should have been in church.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.