NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and my neighbor took his skiff up the ditch today to check out the speck situation today. The speck situation was good. Forgot to take a stringer though, so we used the anchor rope. Batteries in camera died after fisrt pic--just as well --thought we were going to run out of anchor rope.:D

·
Registered
14,639 Posts
Yeah - the ditch - sure throw 'em off having us think the ICW....... He probably caught those 50 miles from there...:D ran home jumped in the boat and took a few pics. Speck fisherman never tell where.........:)

Nice Catch Forrest. I think you and that neighbor are making a pretty good team!

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
Specktacular!!

·
Premium Member
6,642 Posts
Hey fojoloy,
Am I seeing correctly in that flounder pic that I'm not alone as an angler who leaves the protective plastic wrap on the bottom of my rods?

If so, do you have a better explanation than mine - pure laziness and the gleeful observation that cork stays much cleaner when not exposed to the fishing environment? Certain left-handed fishing buddies are not buying into the logic of my explanation, so I'm shopping for a more convincing story...

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey fojoloy,
Am I seeing correctly in that flounder pic that I'm not alone as an angler who leaves the protective plastic wrap on the bottom of my rods?

If so, do you have a better explanation than mine - pure laziness and the gleeful observation that cork stays much cleaner when not exposed to the fishing environment? Certain left-handed fishing buddies are not buying into the logic of my explanation, so I'm shopping for a more convincing story...
jeffo--Never really payed any attention before you just mentioned this. I think I must leave plastic wraps on rod handles so that the fish can see how much they cost.:confused: Is this excuse any better than being lazy? I just counted 9 rods that still have plastic wraps on them.

·
Registered
10,377 Posts
OR ANOTHER EXPLINATION IS ITS A STORE BOUGHT ROD REEL AND PLASTIC FLOUNDER :D
GREAT JOB ON THE FISH AND GLAD TO SEE IM NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO DOESNT PULL THE PLASTIC OFF :eek:

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
I dont take the plastic off until it starts to come off by itself...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.