NC Angler Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
started off with a 4in savage 3d shrimp, then switch to mirro-o paddle tail with 1/4oz jig head........switched to 1/8 to slow the fall and started hooking up better. think the chartreuse tail on the paddle tail is what they were relating to. as soon as I switched to that paddle tail, I was getting bit almost ever cast.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
still finding them there.........went out last night for a couple hours just before dark. not sure why, but just missing fish left and right lately. anyways, missed a HUGE spec (like 6-7lbs) right at the boat last night. brought her to the surface and saw how big she was and like a rookie, got too excited and tried to flip her in the boat instead of lipping her.....line didn't like that idea..... :( oh well, another fish story about "the one that got away". I wish I had a pic for you all. definitely would have been by far my personal best.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes I will flip any trout under 3lbs, anything over that goes into the net or grab it by the top of the shoulders. Most people on this site never see a 5+lb trout so why try to flip it when you only see very few in your life? Not trying to rain on anyone's parade, just hate when people blow up spots on forums.
Tight lines or something like that....

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.