NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nets are a lot of money. Mine is just fine except the spring steel button rusted out so I can't keep it open or closed reliably. I've seen some of these spring clips on the web. Anyone have to replace one? Where did you get it please?
Thanks

·
Banned
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Stowmaster Saltwater Series is where it's at. Worth every penny.

View attachment 65837
Nuh, Nuh, Nuh, Nuhinty duh duh duh dollars???? I just looked it up on Amazon. It better come with a whole lot more fish than that in it:D. I am not a cheapskate but a ninety dollar net aint getting in my kayak. It will make everything else look shabby and that's how it always starts.
Not saying they aren't worth the money but.................well I guess I am. How can they be so much money? Are they made in Mexico or Taiwan instead of china?:p

·
Registered
138 Posts
Buy once, cry once. It has a lifetime warranty on everything but the net basket itself. All the metal parts are aluminum or stainless, so you won't be dealing with a rusted/broken spring button. Even if it does break, they'll repair or replace it.

Sometimes you only get 20 or 30 minutes to catch your fish for the day. I won't be spending time untangling a lure from my net while the fish move or my boat drifts off of a school. I don't get a lot of time to fish, so I try to make the most of the time I do get on the water. I fought with crappy cheap nets for a long time before I wised up.

Forgot to mention that it's made in the USA.

·
Banned
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I hear you. Your money your decision. Makes sense but too much coin for me.
"Made in the USA " Ha! Good one. I may have been born on Friday but not last Friday.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
138 Posts
" All StowMaster Tournament and Saltwater Series landing nets are made in the USA..."

http://www.norsemenoutdoors.com/news-events/stowmaster-introduces-new-guardian-super-mesh-nets

Believe whatever you want. I don't care where the thing is made. I'm not the one with a broken net.

Reactions: challenger

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Nuh, Nuh, Nuh, Nuhinty duh duh duh dollars???? I just looked it up on Amazon. It better come with a whole lot more fish than that in it:D. I am not a cheapskate but a ninety dollar net aint getting in my kayak. It will make everything else look shabby and that's how it always starts.
Not saying they aren't worth the money but.................well I guess I am. How can they be so much money? Are they made in Mexico or Taiwan instead of china?:p

$140 for Redfish/Bonefish saltwater stowaway net. You are going to have to scrap up another fiffy dolla.:p

·
Banned
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
" All StowMaster Tournament and Saltwater Series landing nets are made in the USA..."

http://www.norsemenoutdoors.com/news-events/stowmaster-introduces-new-guardian-super-mesh-nets

Believe whatever you want. I don't care where the thing is made. I'm not the one with a broken net.
I hoped my sarcasm would be conveyed but it wasn't. I wasn't making a dig about the made in the USA feature. I was making a clumsy remark about the fact that is is USA made and that I find that it is nearly impossible to find USA products. I buy USA made products whenever I can. I'll even go through a "peg" in the tackle store because sometimes the items at the rear of the peg are old enough to be USA made. I found this to be true with a few "silver minnows" (gold) that I bought about a year ago.
I appreciate the recommendations and when the day comes that I need a new net I'll be buying a USA made one. I like the type with the handle that slides into the net hoop because I fill the net with things I need to carry to my kayak from the truck. Small tackle box, small cooler etc. I can grab the handle that is down the middle of the hoop and carry these items and only make one trip.
I wasn't questioning your statement about manufacturing country and, again, I appreciate the recommendations.
I despise chinese made products and the fact that we can't even find USA made goods anymore.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I used to be a hardcore buy USA guy then it got so hard to find USA items I became a "anywhere but china" person unless its something so cheap, that I will use so seldom, that I too give in... (like Harbor Freight Tools)

·
Registered
138 Posts
$140 for Redfish/Bonefish saltwater stowaway net. You are going to have to scrap up another fiffy dolla.:p
The $100 saltwater trout model is plenty for inshore fishing around here. It's perfect for trout and flounder and big enough for any redfish that you'd actually want to net.

If mine was lost today, I'd pay $200 for a new one if that's what they cost. It's that good of a product and made my fishing that much more enjoyable.

·
Banned
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I used to be a hardcore buy USA guy then it got so hard to find USA items I became a "anywhere but china" person unless its something so cheap, that I will use so seldom, that I too give in... (like Harbor Freight Tools)
You had to mention, what I like to call, "Haba Fray" in my best chinese accent.
Another place I avoid is wally world. Someone told me, and I cannot say this is true BTW because the data isn't something I could find, that wally world products are 98% mic. That doesn't count the food of course.
When I go to either one I feel like I need a shower as soon as I get home. I also feel like shopping again after only about an hour after leaving the store(s)

·
Registered
138 Posts
A friend of mine had this same problem with his Frabill net last week. He went to walmart and bought a $12 Frabill net that uses the exact same handle as the nicer ones. He slid the janky net hoop off the new handle and slid the new handle into his net hoop. Good to go until it rusts and breaks again.

·
Banned
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks. I purchased 4 replacement spring buttons for $4.00.the button was a little larger diameter so I had to drill the handle and the plastic but it's just fine now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.