NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have had several threads recently and some interest expressed in free style vertical jigging. I've included a link to a video made by Arlen and Chip, two of the best free stylers in the area. They work at Tex's Tackle and are happy to share all they know about vertical jigging so be sure to check them out when in Wilmington.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pmx6lF8ksHM"]YouTube - Amberjack Attack[/ame]

Oh yeah - you might want to mute the audio if you don't care for the song selection.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Awesome video.. What a workout! and Coheed and Cambria rock! (not for everyone I'm sure :) )

It really looks awesome. I wonder if they will let you do that on Headboats? I know it isnt the 300ft water but it is still reef fishing.

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome video.. What a workout! and Coheed and Cambria rock! (not for everyone I'm sure :) )
I didn't mind the music although I'm not familiar with the band. But I did notice a comment on the YouTube site about the music so I thought I'd mention it here.

I'm telling ya, once you catch a fish on a freestyle jigging system you'll be hooked too! It is a blast.

Here's what Shimano says in some of their marketing material:

"It’s an action/reaction system designed to allow you to savor the invigorating feel of every movement while retrieving the lure. The feel of the bite is similar to the feeling of electricity flowing through the rod with every movement of the fish exaggerated, due to the sensitivity of the tackle."

It really looks awesome. I wonder if they will let you do that on Headboats? I know it isnt the 300ft water but it is still reef fishing.
I'm not sure but I don't see whey they would object, at least the ones that let you bring your own rig anyway (I think most will). I fish the freestyle in 60' of water and up when bottom fishing, so that's not a problem.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Good One MIKE. I like it and it sure looks like a good workout. Then, after building an appettite, a ton of meat to eat. WoW!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.