NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the Freeman creek ramp has been dredged out in the past few years since I have been gone, or if they ever fixed the launch by the onslow beach bridge, which destroyed my last boats original trailer? I will be heading back shortly, and really hate having to drop in at mile hammock or Stones bay, when there are two perfectly good launch locations that just seemingly need a little TLC to become functional again. It was a shame to see Freeman creek ramp so shallow most the time, as it is a decent launch point, but unless you timed it right, you could encounter problems, especially if you didn't have a kayak or a flat bottom skiff.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for all the info. I do launch from Mile hammock most the time due to its normally empty, with exception of Stones bay Marines running their PFT on that road sometimes. I got one of them nifty Auto stow and deploy, so a ramp that has a dock a decent away isn't an issue from me, and the jet from there to Browns isn't too bad. How strict have they been about fishing in the estuaries in the Browns inlet area? I seen a write up that they have gotten more strict about fishing in the areas in the impact zone since Florence, but I haven't heard from any locals if they are cracking down on the fisherman that aren't disturbing the ocean floor.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts