NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No one has any experience at freeman park? I was planning to camp near the inlet and fish it early in the morning. I may just camp at Ft Fisher rec area and then drive onto Ft Fisher beach, not sure if I want to pay 40 bucks to camp, that's a little steep for this cheapskate.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Just a suggestion, but I'd wait a bit longer for a response. You posted a relatively specific question. This site is great about providing info but lots of folks have day jobs. I found you get a lot of responses overnight once people get their kids to bed or their spouse ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
70 Posts
I havnt been to freeman park in 5+ years after seeing the crowds that it attracts. I much prefer fort fisher for beach driving and surf fishing. I havnt been since the higher prices or camping regulations so maybe some of the crowds / trash has left but I'll stick with fort fisher

·
Red X Angler
8,988 Posts
Freeman Park $30 just for a day pass to ride the beach. Fort Fisher $10. At Fisher once you drive more than a mile down the beach there are very few fishermen. Beach access to Fisher is bumpy but it smooth's out some once you get on the beach proper. You can cast net finger mullet about 2 miles down on the right where the marsh is on the back side. Tent camping at Fort Fisher is $10 at the campground overlooking the Cape Fear. That's where I'd go.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Its the only beach in the area that you can both drive on and camp. Haven't been there this year, but for camping they now they have designated camp sites that require reservations and extra cash. Not sure how it working out.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
It USED to be an awesome place to camp and fish for that matter...nowadays, i stay far far away.. I'd say pass, and find somewhere else if you want to enjoy your fishing

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.