NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just move here folks. I guided fly fishing in Montana, Oregon, and a little in Idaho. Too bad your fish don't act like trout and steelhead or else I'd have a clue what I was doing. Fact is I don't have a clue and am looking for anyone to go fishing with in surf, sound, lakes or whatever. I have a paddleboard and a two-person sea kayak. I am seriously interested in fishing for big sharks from the shore. Also any places where I can stalk some fish with my bow or speargun would be awesome. If anyone has an extra spot on the weekends or can pitch advice I'm a quick learner and appreciative. Tight lines. (I think that still applies in the salt!)

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
We are having a M&G this weekend ...I will PM you the post. There is no dues of membership, we are a group of fly fishers that love to tie flies and kayak fly fish. We also include spin casters also.We would be happy to haver you join us on some of our outtings. We fish in both fresh and salt. I have fished in Colorado , Wyoming,the most on our out west trips. We have some members who have homes in that area.

·
Red X Angler
8,985 Posts
You're in the right place to learn about 'Downeast' fishin, Northwest. Welcome!!

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
Welcome Aboard

·
Registered
244 Posts
Welcome. These fish are different, and a lot of fun. I have found the guys in the Fly Flingers to be top notch..and incredibly willing to help newbies and share real information..For instance "You should fish Here"..while pointing to a map.

If you want to focus on albies and that out in the ocean, you might also be interested in the Cape Lookout Fly Fishers. They meet in MHC. Another good group, IMHO.

·
Registered
9,996 Posts
Northwest, welcome to NC, and to ncangler. It was really nice meeting you at the M&G on saturday. Hope to see more of you.

jcinnb, I finally got to meet you too. Hope your recovery is a fast one, and we get to fish together sometimes.

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
It was great to meet you at the M&G. You are welcomed to fish with us anytime!Can't wait to see you in action!Y'll should see his yak!!

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
Welcome aboard....:)

I stretched a few strings in Washington, around Ft Lewis and Yakima areas, for steelhead and salmon....:) Rambled about Oregon, Idaho, Missouli Montana and Denver Colorado..Great places in the Pacific Northwest.

<*)))))>{

1 - 11 of 11 Posts