NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the whole idea of having choices in fishing fresh, salt or brackish water fishing. I understand what fresh water fishing is about. I've done it for most of my life. I've salt water fished for a very short amount of time and am looking for all the information that I can find. But what is stumping me is brackish water. What is it? What do you fish for. Where do you find it.

I actually have a lot of questions about fishing in North Carolina and am open to any ideas, suggestions or comments. You can see another thread that I started in the meet and greet area under "North Carolina Newbie".

I really am in dire need of help here guys. Please help me out.

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
Hey Carver63. Brackish water is found along the coast where fresh and saltwater mix together. For instance the water in the Pamlico Sound where the Neuse River empties is brackish. We fish around Oriental on the Neuse for flounder, trout, tarpon in July/August, big Red Drum, croaker, etc.

Randy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.