NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some good locations to fish either rivers or lakes. I do have a jon boat with outboard and trolling motor but the only place i really know about is "11 Lakes" near mayesville.. any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Even rivers that are close to the bays is fine.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Maxwell Mill pond, toward Kinston, Electric Only. A few dollars to use, and no real ramp, but it's a nice place to play. You can also head down to J'ville and put in at the USO to explore the New River.

What part of GA? I come from NWGA myself.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Do drop in on the New River, but if your boat is small, watch out for wind and current on the open areas. There is a bit of action to be had in the creeks around J'ville. There is Public access downtown (USO) and at Northeast Creek park. If you are military, there are several other places you can put in. You can also get into the Cape Fear, I think the closest ramp to Richlands is off of 41 toward Wallace (a little past 111).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.