NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been thinking of dragging the kayak down to the coast, sound or saltwater river on Friday the 13th. Weather at least predicted to be decent (<95 degrees:confused:). Does anybody have anything planned or any suggestions? Maybe we can turn the unlucky day into a great fishing trip?

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Welp, I had to canx a offshore trip out of Wrightsville due to weather and some other circumstances for this upcoming saturday. Weather isnt looking too good thru the rest of the week/weekend.. but then again, thunderboomers and and rain are only predicted < 40% so might be a crap shoot.. some winds and rain might keep the heat down a bit...

Nothin wrong with fishin in the rain... it's the lightnin that I personally dont like... so dont know what to tell ya...

I might end up going to Jordan and pulling an over nighter with my boy friday after work and coming home mid Saturday morning.. but not if it's lightning/thunderboomers..

Never really know till ya go....

Current outlook forcast:

Forecast as of 9:16 am EDT on July 10, 2007
South Santee River South Carolina out to 20 nautical miles... a trough of low pressure will stall across the Piedmont. This feature will remain in place through Thursday. A cold front will approach the coast on Friday and stall over the coastal Carolinas.

Forecast as of 9:16 am EDT on July 10, 2007
Surf City To Cape Fear Nc Out 20 Nm-
Rest Of Today
SW winds 10 to 15 kt. Seas around 4 ft. Seas around 3 ft near shore. A chance of tstms. A chance of showers.
Tonight
SW winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 25 kt. Seas 3 to 5 ft. A chance of showers and tstms in the evening...then a slight chance of showers and tstms after midnight.
Wed
SW winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt. Seas 3 to 5 ft... subsiding to 2 to 4 ft in the afternoon. A slight chance of showers and tstms.
Wed Night
SW winds 20 to 25 kt...diminishing to 15 to 20 kt after midnight. Seas 4 to 5 ft...building to 4 to 6 ft after midnight. Near shore...seas 2 to 3 ft. A slight chance of showers and tstms.
Thu
SW winds 15 to 20 kt. Seas 4 to 6 ft... subsiding to 4 to 5 ft in the afternoon. Near shore...seas 2 to 3 ft. A chance of showers and tstms.
Thu Night
SW winds 10 to 15 kt. Seas 3 to 5 ft. A chance of showers and tstms.
Fri
SW winds around 10 kt. Seas 2 to 4 ft. Scattered showers and tstms.
Sat
SW winds 10 to 15 kt. Seas 2 to 4 ft. Scattered showers and tstms. Mariners are reminded that winds and seas can be higher in and near thunderstorms.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.