NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FISH ON!!!!!!!
Hello everyone, My name is John Dancy. I live about 8 miles south of Wilmington in Brunswick county. I'm fortunate in that I am in the middle of two great fishing areas on the coast. If the winds are blowing from the South I can go to Wrighstville or Carolina beach side and if the winds are from the North I can go to the Brunswick county beaches. I fish inshore most of the time with my 170CC unless its glassy, then I try to fish the artificial reefs offshore. 2004 was a great year for Flounder and Speckled Trout. I fish live bait most of the time if available. I've got to learn more about artificial bait in order to fish more often. I've lived on the NC coast since 1975 when I moved here from Lexington,NC (BarBQ city). I lived at Carolina Beach until a few years ago.I ran tug boats up and down the waterway for years in the winter, and I ran "Head Boats" and "Booze Cruises" for the "Winner" boats out of Carolina Beach form 1987 to 1995. I also owned a little charter boat for awhile, so now I'm satisfied fishing the "skinny" waters and learning all I can about the Cape Fear river and it's tributaries. If any of you are coming down this season, let me know and I'll try to find out whats biting inshore at that time. If anyone wants any info about anything in my area I will be glad to help out.
Sincerely,
John Dancy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Captain Fisher Culbreath of Capture Charters in Carolina Beach is extremely knowledgeable about the area from Southport to Topsail. He uses artificials most of the time, and has quite a bit of success on drum, trout, and flounder. I am a recently converted live bait guy myself. I live in Greensboro, but my family has had a place on Oak Island for 40yrs. I fish that area quite a bit, so I may email you before heading down. Welcome to the board.

chuck n duck

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
I like the name "Fridays Off"! I wish I could have more of them. :) Welcome to the site and thanks for participating.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Hey John

I fish out of Wrightsville 99.9% of the time and every weekend pretty much during the spring thru fall. I quit goin to Morehead except for Bluefin tuna, Wrightsville is a good area.

If ya ever want to run "deep" let me know...
Still tryin to get Randy to go out with us....

We pretty much stay out all day from crack of dawn till dusk and can run anything out to about 80 miles or so from Masonboro inlet (i.e. continental shelf, ledges FPS, SW Big Rock ledge areas...)

Sails?
Mahi?
Grouper?
Yella fin?
Snapper?

;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts