NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm heading down to Frisco the week of September 10th with my 17' boat. Im staying on the sound at Brigands Bay. I need any advice that is out there. Where do you go from Brigands Bay into the sound to find the fish? I'm mostly just gonna use bottom rigs I guess? Looking to try out some Redfish, Flounder or just about anything that will bite and make a good dinner.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Try launching at Teach's Lair unless you have access to a free spot and fish the Ferry channel with live bait on a carolina rig or even better- tie a tandem bucktail rig and use strips of fish/ squid on it and drag/ bump it across the bottom as you drift. You should have pretty much non stop action with the flounder. Normally early and late are best but as it warms up- try more towards the channel in the deep water and some will still bite. Stay clear of the Ferry's as they will be non stop.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks alot! How about for Redfish? I actually have a private ramp at the house I'm renting at Brigands Bay. Thanks for the help anything else you think of will be helpful. Just trying to prepare. It's such a big piece of water the less guessing I have to do will be helpful.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I personally or the 7 other guys I fish with there ( Memorial day week ) haven't ever caught the 1st drum so I'm of no help there. We mainly catch flounder with the bucktail rig and live bait , a few sharks and a stray bluefish. We fish 6 days and its a little strange that we don't catch more variety of fish.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.