NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like I am moving from North Texas to the Goldsboro area of NC and I get to learn an all new fishing environment including being able to fish in the ocean again. I am a avid kayak angler and have been fishing out of my Hobie Outback for the last 7 years and I have been fishing for the majority of my 32 year life span. I have fished from upstate NY streams all the way down to surf fishing in Florida and I am looking forward to meeting some fellow anglers.

I expect to arrive in NC around the first week of May and hopefully will be able to hit the water at the beginning of June, so I would defenitely love some ideas of some great fishing/kayak areas around Goldsboro. I also have no issue driving 2 hours to hit the ocean or a nice out of the way spot too.

I am looking forward to spending some great time on the forums as this is how I learned how to fish North Texas with the Texas Fishing Forums and all the wonderful members on there.

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
Welcome to the forum and to the state! I've participated in some of the Texas fishing forums in the past.....I have no idea why. I've got a friend that's down there now fishing Lake Fork for this week.

Sent from my kayak...

·
Red X Angler
3,785 Posts
You should find some good company down that way, and some great fishing from what I hear. Welcome to North Carolina and welcome to NCAngler!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have already started to do some research on all the fishing in this wonderful state. It looks like I am going to have to learn how to fly fish and buy some salt water gear to go along with my fresh water equipment. I can not wait to go out exploring in the kayaks, I am going to make up for the last 4 years of severe drought and diminishing fishing locations in TX.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.