NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I just joined this forum today as I have recently moved to Garner from Asheville and I've been searching the internet for any info pertaining to fishing this area. I moved to Garner so I could finish my ME degree at NCSU. I am soooo glad I found this site because I was getting a little discouraged trying to find any fishing info.
Anyways, I would really appreciate any info y'all could provide that might help me to get started fishing in this area and hopefully I might be able to give some advice for fishing around the Asheville area.

BTW I don't own a boat and I would love to hook up with someone in the Raleigh area who does own one. I have all the tackle needed and I am very willing to contribute to the gas and bait expenses and I will also help with clean-up. I used to "ride-share" all the time when I was stationed in San Diego so I am very familiar with the etiquette and I will treat your boat as if it were my own if you are gracious enough to take me on it.

Thanks,
Robert

·
Registered
205 Posts
there is a ton of public fishing around raleigh. several state parks, small community lakes and 3 of the larger lakes (falls, jordan and sharon harris) offer a bunch of bank fishing opprotunities. also from the asheville area, but make it down to cary evey couple of months to visit my older brother, so I have tried to become familiar with the area. get a gamelands map book and start exploring. also go to the nc wildlife resources comm. website, it will steer you in the right direction.

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
Welcome NCSUfshrmn! (Go Pack! Class of '79) Glad you've found our fishing forum. I am impressed with your offer to provide tackle and expense money to fish with someone with a boat. Couldn't ask for more if someone is willing to clean up too! :D Like Topsail Angler, I don't fish freshwater much anymore and don't have a lot of time to make it to the coast either but there are a number of great guys on here that know the lakes pretty well. I'm sure some of them will join in here. You might want to check out some of the kayak action too. :)

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Welcome aboard!
I've been bottom-rigging nightcrawlers for my son to catch panfish in Bond Lake in Cary lately. Morning and evening are better than midday, but that's probably not news to you. I picked up a kayak in April, but it sounds like I'm much more a novice overall...

Lots of good folks here, I think you'll find it a comfortable and informative place to hang out.

Lefty
Class of '92

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome! I was surprised at how quick everyone was to respond.
If anyone wants to offer a ride in the Wilmington area one saturday I wouldn't mind driving down. It's been a while since I've used my saltwater gear!;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Welcome...from a fellow new member !! You'll like this site...everyones very friendly and willing to share info. Good Luck with school.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.