NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Weather, amazing. Fishing, slooooooooow.

I don't know what it is about Falls Lake, but I can't catch much there. I was going after bass and I threw everything in the tackle box at em. Shallow cranks, white/chartruese spinner baits, senkos, ratl-traps. I finally shifted into "Don't Get Shut Out!" mode and tied on some little in-line spinners. I managed to catch a baby bass and a little white perch on the spinners, so that salvaged the day. :)

One cool experience though, I was in my canoe so I was able to get into some very "woodsy" parts of the lake and I saw a bunch of what I think were carp splashing around in a cove. Whatever they were, they were ginormous! Definitely had some reddish coloring on their tails. I think they were feeding on bugs on the surface, pretty neat.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
One cool experience though, I was in my canoe so I was able to get into some very "woodsy" parts of the lake
Jeffo and I paddled Jordan's Weaver Creek area on Friday -- the lake crested 8' above normal pool -- this branch has to flow through a culvert to get to the main lake. I don't know what it's pool level was -- but a structure that looks like an eagle's nest atop one of the trees in the middle of the lake, was at water level on Friday.

Anyhow -- about taking your canoe into "woodsy" parts of the lake -- I'm pretty sure we were paddling over campsites on friday. The bass I caught dove for cover into a briar bush. And I spent plenty of time digging my spinnerbait out of submerged sweetgums -- all the way submerged.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey ya'll.Sorry to here about the slow time at Falls.As for the bass,this time of year' the best place i've found is in coves or necks close to the bank,about 3-5 feet off the bank.Right now though, the catfish should bereafy to start bitin'.I know that every where else the crappie and bass have slowed down quite a bit.Well gotta go talk to ya'll later.
catbuster

·
Registered
196 Posts
Hea Catbuster can you give me some tips. I have tried to fish simkins pond but had no luck, some small cats from bass lake. What do ypou use, and where do you go. Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.