NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well saturday i broke a rod tip, broke my boat trailer, ran out of troling motor in the middle of the lake, scratched my boat all the way down the side on a rock, and to make it worse i lost 3 good fish and lost the tails off about 30 dif lizards, but next week those fish dont know what is coming for them unless they think its the wrath of God then they are right!!! but over all beautiful day on the lake and one day closer to the day i move to texas! where the fish are bigger....at least the bass!
TEX

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
texas bass record is 18.8lbs caught on lake fork. Bass fishing in texas is like football in texas its religion. we go to work monday thru fri and fish on saturday early sunday church at 11am and fish till kick off then nfl on monday and high school on friday then back to lake. so the fishing there is nice, we have some of the most sought after lakes, lake fork holds the record for largemouth, but lake amastad has bigger, but due to the fact that it is on the border of mexico and tx it cannot be counted for state record bass. plus there are more lakes in texas than any other state. so to answer your question you dont usually find a bass fisherman in texas that has not caught an 8lb bass or more. its just one of those things. My biggest was 9.6oz on a chartreus senco weightless. so i def thinkk they are bigger. or at least i have caught bigger
chad

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
There are plenty of big bass in nc. If you are fishing the Jacksonville area, you are in the wrong place. You need to try some of the Piedmont lakes. Harris Lake up in Wake county is known for large bass. I have caught nine and ten pound fish up there crappie fishing this time of year with small minnows. I would try up that way. There is also a Lake close to Jacksonville that holds some large fish. It is only about 75 acres or so. Send me a p.m. or email and I will tell you where it is located and how to get a pass to fish this lake. It is not public knowledge, and the company that owns it wants to keep it that way.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i had a nightmare about that day last night, except at the end of the dream my boat sank, and i was attacked by a shark....in freshwater???? i am no longer going to think about it, and i am moving on i have better things to complain about than one saturday gone wrong.
Praise the Lord For bass fishin!!!
Amen
TEX

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.