NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed down to Ft. Macon at Atlantic Beach early yesterday morning (5/20) with a friend and his son to relax and do a little surf fishing. We got there around 9:30 AM to fish the incoming and outgoing tide and went to the ocean side of the jetties and set up several surf rods. I had some smaller rods with me to fish the inlet side and the jetties but never really saw any action over there so we just stayed on the ocean side. I didn't do much catching as I was letting my friend's son reel everything in. We did manage to land 3 hatteras blues in the 5 lb. range and lost a 10+ pounder in the surf. We also caught Spots, Croakers and Virginia Mullets. Unfortunately we didn't catch any Drum this time. There was a fellow fishing next to us that landed a blue that looked to be around 12-15 lbs. Nice Hatteras Blue!
All in All it was a great day and my friend and his son are anxious to go back! I am too.....for that matter.

Mark

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Was a pretty good day for sure! Just being on the beach is awesome.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
How can you catch a Hatteras blue at Fort Macon?

Glad you caught some fish.
Now ya know where Hatteras Blues go for vacation..FT Macon..:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How can you catch a Hatteras blue at Fort Macon?

Glad you caught some fish.
I was using a three hook bottom rig with cut bait cut into strips to imitate finger mullets as I walked out and forgot the ones that I had in the freezer. I also forgot my cast net that I intended to catch some shad or something with. I made up my bluefish rigs so the hooks were way up off of the bottom.

Mark

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.