NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This phone is my wife's and she's used for a couple months now. Excellent condition. She has went back to the iphone now so this phone needs to be used. She has used it very little and is in perfect condition. I'll take any reasonable offer and ship it to you free of charge. These are great phones and aren't cheap. Thanks

PM me or post here if interested! Thanks.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Ditto the question... Also, does she own it outright? Asking because ESIN can be compromised if the contract is cancelled before phone is paid off.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Ok, I need an AT&T phone to replace a broken phone my idiot son dropped. Thanks, though.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
You don't have to have an AT&T phone for AT&T service.
You can unlock a US Cellular S3 to be used on AT&T. Maybe you can an S5?

250 bucks is a heckuva price for an S5. Unlocked....you could flip it and make a few bucks considering new they are 500+

·
Banned
2,118 Posts
Carriers no longer "unlock" phones nor will a phone from one carrier work on another carriers system. Used to be you could but not any more. It's an esn thing. Manufacturers load certain phones with information for specific carriers along with the awful bloat were they love to shove down our throats. I'm a us cellular user with an S4 that is rooted and running a custom rom. The phone is so much easier to use and the battery lasts longer.
For a daughter I'd suggest an iPhone. I despise apple products because of several reasons but it seems that girls HAVE TO own iPhone. My daughters had Galaxy s3 phones and loved them, until the contract was up. Then they didn't even flinch at the $150.00 it cost for an iPhone 5C. Loaded with junk and running apps like mad but hey, it's their coin. Same thing with my wife. She is constantly muttering about her phone and how it doesn't do this or that blah blah blah. The screen is small and the battery can't be changed by the user but at least one can say "I have an iphone"
Oh-these can be "jail breaked" which is similar to rooting and android phone. Rooting and jail breaking typically voids the warranty but ymmv.
Good luck

·
Premium Member
7,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I like iPhones a ton better. We've had several of both. Oh well. Somebody buy this or buy the TV I posted. It's a steal and right at the holidays where you can save some money.

Sent from my kayak...

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
We are a Samsung household. Not an Apple fan boy.
Carriers do unlock phones. The request just has to be submitted. I was just told this 30 minutes ago by my carrier and they offered to submit it for me thinking I had the phone in hand. Usually takes 24 hours.

·
Premium Member
7,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We are a Samsung household. Not an Apple fan boy.
Carriers do unlock phones. The request just has to be submitted. I was just told this 30 minutes ago by my carrier and they offered to submit it for me thinking I had the phone in hand. Usually takes 24 hours.
Drum runner, what do you need me to do?

Sent from my kayak...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.